Something funny occurred to me while I was putting this post together. None of my favorite scenes from this Christmas can be found in the video below. Yes, we all had fun watching Aiden go through the motions with the gifts and the trash. The cake was great and we laughed throughout all of it. Here are a few other standout moments that come to mind.
1. An unforgettable Christmas eve church service with my wife at my side.
2. A late night game of Trivial Pursuit
3. An hour or so hanging out with a great friend.
4. Hungarian Goulash for dinner.
5. Watching Parenthood, now as a parent is a very different experience. What great movie. Ron Howard is a genius.
It's just as well I don't have any pictures of these things for you. No photo, even with perfect lighting or the world's most expensive lens could convey how much they meant to me. Besides, Goulash never photographs well.
Christmas 2008 from shamus smith on Vimeo.