*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Condescending...

Condescending people flippin' kill me!

I am the long lost friend of Shamus, Johnna. I am presently being held hostage in the labor and delivery side of the hospital. Ok here is the deal, cervix...not much left, baby...well it needs to cook a bit longer. What does that equal? Bed rest. I am supposed to be in the "before you have a baby" section (I am not big on formalities), but they ran out of patients. Since I was the only one left, they moved me here, to labor and delivery. HERE is where you are NOT allowed more than 2 visitors at a time and absolutely NO children under 16 unless they are yours.

Know how I know all this? SOME CONDESCENDING MURSE shared this with me. Wanna know how? He interrogated my family outside of my room and then after they settled in, kicked them all out and gave me a 10 minute lecture sitting straddled at the foot of my bed while they all stood in the hallway. Of course I listened and promised nothing except that I would share the information with them. 15 minutes later he came in, spread his arms wide and asked me, "Well, did you tell them?" Do I look 12? Are they NOT in the room? GRRRRRRR

Here's the best thing...he was asked by my aunt if he knew my situation and how much I needed my family right now and he said yes. You get an A for compassion Mr. Murse!!!!! Isn't nursing supposed to be a compassionate profession? There are rules, I understand that. Wouldn't it be better to say, "What you are used to on the other side is a bit different from here so from tomorrow on could you please"...?
THAT I can respect.

SO....
The top ten ways to stop condescending people in their tracks:

10. MOCK them

9. Interrupt with sarcasm whenever possible.

8. Just start laughing, people never know what to do then.

7. Seriously?

6. Kill them with kindness.

5. Give the death stare till they feels the wrath of God.

4. Curse frequently, maybe if they think you have Tourettes...

3. Is murder an option? Ok, just checking.

2. I'll see your condescending and raise you a supercilious.

1. Just call him a MURSE!

No comments: