*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Little Bit Of Everything

A highlight reel of recent and current events around here goes as follows.....
1. New wheels.
Our ford explorer is no longer with us. A few days ago it became clear that the transmission on our ford needed to be replaced. Kris, keeping diligent track of our finances, readily showed that it was not in our best interest to repair this vehicle. Enter our new car. After a reasonable amount of conversation, we negotiated our way to a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. It was difficult to walk away from the s.u.v. lifestyle. The dollars, cents, and a 10 year warranty could not be ignored. Luci, I was sooooo close to a Jeep! My sincere thanks to my parents for their help and advice on this purchase.
2. There goes the NeighborhoodConstruction has begun on my parents new home. The NYC branch office of Willow Street, PA continues to expand. In the months ahead, I hope to collect some thoughts from my Mom, Dad and Gramps, on the topic of their recent relocation and get them posted here in some manner. I imagine there are some great stories to tell between the three of them. Rumor has it there is a big party planned at the new compound for sometime this summer. I'm going to go out on a limb and declare that all are invited.
3. Coming and going
Last week saw me out of town on business. This weekend has Kris on holiday back home for a few days with her sisters. This means I get to play solo parent for a few days.
4. Rite of passageI thought with Kris out of town this weekend, Aiden and I should not only spend time together, but we should do something that reeks of Father/Son. I decided on getting him his first real baseball, glove and bat. He hasn't put them down yet.

5. Random picture from breakfast

3 comments:

Kris said...

Love the blog babe! I missed you guys tons but appreciate you taking good care of him, so I could have a fun weekend! See you soon. MUAH!

marietta said...

congrats on the new car.. thanks for ur willingness to take care of Aj so she could spend the weekend in the city with the girls.. they had a blast.... i dont know if NY will ever be the same again... it looks like he had fun with his dad ur a great daddy.

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

you have a nice blog
good luck