*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Can't Come Up With A Title For This

I remember my first few weeks in this strange new world, about four years ago.
In some ways, I saw hints of my past life. In other ways, this was all completely foreign to me.
It was kind of like rearranging the furniture in your bedroom after many years of the same view from the foot of the bed. Familiar, but different.
Also like you, I brought with me a particular set of skills. Instinctively, I set out to put them to use. I just assumed that was what I was supposed to do. To date, I have not been able to see this through. I have not been able to make use of the skills I brought with me from the "old country".
I have also come to realize that this doesn't make my abilities any less real, or any less valuable. It simply means that this may not be the right time to make use of them. After all, it's my (and your) surroundings that have changed. Not me and you.

I also believe that there are a great many opportunities here, and a great many that have yet to reveal themselves to you. As for the concerns you express…..
There is a story about a carpenter. This dude effectively changed the course of all life on earth with the help of a few friends. His posse was comprised of people who fished for a living, made tents or collected taxes. None of them made a daily impact on those around them using the skills and trade they were taught and well versed in. Instead, in simply doing what they were told, when they were told, their full potential was realized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listening. Thanks for caring. And thanks for sharing. I love you!