*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Part ? of ?

I have often wanted to write out the story that tells of how my family has come to live here in Lancaster. Sometimes I see myself writing it in a story telling fashion, as if I were describing the life song of a fictitious third party. Other times, I see it like a play. There is a Part One, an Intermission and then a Part Two or Closing Act. No matter how I have approached it in thought, I always end up cowering to the details and scope of it all. All this is to say that I hope to get things going with this post, but I may not end up finishing the story at all....or at least for a while.
Taking a cue from George Lucas, I'm not going to start at the beginning.

Present Day:
If I look back over the past four years of life here in Lancaster, things have gone well for my family. Kris and I moved out here with a hand of providence guiding us. We were shown in many ways that we were meant to be here, and we were moving in the correct direction for our lives together. Then, about six months ago, the tone of our life changed dramatically. I'm pleased to say that things have now been righted and we are again comfortable with the life that may be waiting for us with every new day. I'm somewhat hesitant to provide some of the finer details for many reasons. Not the least of which is if this post is too long, even fewer people than normal will have the patience to read it. Nor would I blame them.
The easiest, most accurate way to describe the nature of my downturn is:
I chose to place myself around people on a daily basis who either had a poor system of values or at the least, did not share or respect my values. The conflicts I struggled with on a daily basis were tense. I began to understand and experience many different truths I had previously just assumed to be fact, never really living them out until now. I had taken a job that was a poor fit for my family and our goals. It would come to affect me in very real and negative ways.
It was easy for me to see that the primary reason for finding myself in such a bad spot was specific to they type of person I came to be associated with. The reason for the ease of this observation....I had come to know quality people to contrast them against. Furthermore, it was this same group of quality people that had educated and provided me with the skills I would need to change my surroundings and ultimately make better choices for my family.
I've always been vague when writing about the people I work with, or how I earn a living. Not because I live the life of some secret government spy. It's more because I function in a place that is often wrought with complex emotions and stresses not found in the office environment. I simply do not have the ability to put into words how these people function at the levels that they do on daily basis. As it relates to these specific people, you wouldn't believe me anyway.

To the people who have spent the past few years at the O.C., Thank you.
Thank you for in many cases blurring the lines between friend and co-worker.
There are some of you to whom I have become personally connected, I owe you a debt I cannot even begin to fathom, much less repay.

I suppose that is the end of part ?......to be continued, maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Just keep being who you are:
Awesome guy,father,husband,and friend,just to name a few off the point on my noggin'.
Your faith in God and what brings us all together at LCBC will carry you through everything,always!
And occasional F-bombs are always good for grabbin the knuckleheads by their pupils when ya can't feed em the knuckle samiches!
Just sayin....
Peace to you Bro!

CIII