*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Friday, January 16, 2009

LET ME OUT!

This post has been a week or so in the making. The guest post by Johnna served to buy me a little time, while allowing her an opportunity to vent. Interesting to note that I had no idea she was in the midst of such rage(at least what qualifies for rage where Johnna is concerned). I say interesting because I find myself in a similar funk at present.
Please excuse the vague nature of the next few sentences. Those who know me best will understand why I must be so general. The ball got rolling for me at work earlier this week. My participation in something at work that did not go well....er a check that, I may have screwed up on something. That is all I can say. I didn't thoroughly screw up. It would be easier for me if I had. Had I simply messed up, I could point to a clear point in time and say "There, there was your mistake, don't do it again and you'll be fine." No such comfort has overtaken me. There is a permanent reminder out there of my part in all this. One that will likely outlast my lifetime.
It's been downhill from there. Shortly after all this, I came face to face with several shining examples of the terrible human condition. People with incompetence in their hands and a mixture of bitterness and hatred in their hearts.
THEN, YET AGAIN, I came upon another story of a marriage failed. Or at least failing. This has sent me spinning.
I suppose I should just get over it. After all, there is nothing I can do to help these people. Nor is it my fault that they all are collectively living in a world of hurt.
I had a conversation with a friend last night. This person's skills at our profession far exceed my own. I took comfort in the sound of laughter on the other side of the phone as I relayed the details to them, details I cannot speak of here. I'm also looking forward to a weekend away with Kris and 175 middle schoolers. Always a good time for me. I enjoy watching these kids and those who care for them go through the motions. It takes me back to the days of Steve Chase, Bill Francis, Marty, and others of that sort. It also causes me to look forward to the days when Aiden will be on trips like this for himself. Fun. I also have a weekend trip in May planned with Kris and a few good friends. It can't get here soon enough.
I heard it said once, that everything we see around us, life, people work..yadda yadda, is all God's "Plan B." Life wasn't supposed to be this daily rat race, full of disappointment and sorrow.
I'll just have to get up tomorrow and do it all again, confident in the knowledge it won't always be this way.

2 comments:

joe said...

Looking forward to hanging with you next weekend.

Tom said...

Is everything ok? Call me sometime.