*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Madness

I just read an article that stated Tuesday's inauguration ceremonies will cost over $150 million dollars. No, I did not mis-type. Look it up for yourself. That is $150 million for ONE DAY.
Other inauguration ceremonies in recent years came with a price tag of anywhere of from $24million and points north. This is equally as ridiculous, in my opinion.
Tuesdays expenses seem extra exorbitant given the unique nature of our economy at present.
This guy did promise to straighten out our collective money woes, didn't he?
Day one, off to a slow start.
Couldn't he just sign the new hire paperwork and his W-2 in some office somewhere and be done with it?
Even if any part of this expenditure comes from private sources, surely there is a wiser way or a more needy cause to throw money at.

Note: I did not vote for this guy, or his chief competitor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet a lot of the money went to pay for security!

Tom said...

I can't confirm but I heard he paid for it with what was left over from his campaign funds. Again, don't know for sure...heard it at work.