*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Not Just About Football....Stupid

Growing up in our house, Sunday meant two things, church and football. Fast forward 30 years and not much has changed. Well, sometimes church is now on Saturday nights, but other then that, not much is different. I clearly remember thinking that my Dad was some kind of genius. He could tell you what the penalty flag was for, as soon as it was thrown, before the official made the call or gave the signal. He was instant replay, long before it ever came to be. This weekend brought us to Landover, MD to spend the day outdoors in 30 degree temperatures and freezing rain. O yeah, the Giants were in town to play the Redskins. Football, has become less and less about football for me at present. It is proving to be more about friends and making great memories. I hope to pass this along to Aiden in due time. Perhaps it won't be football for him at all. It might be music. It might be cars, fishing, or something else. Whatever his pastime of choice ends up being, at some point I hope it will be about our family doing it together. Making a weekend long affair out of just about anything.

Thanks Mom(Mother)and Dad. Thanks for Everything.

http://vimeo.com/2409362 from shamus smith on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all about the football for me

Anonymous said...

Rule #1 Sunday is Church and Giant Football. Rule #2 please refer to Rule #1. Please remind "AJ" of these important life rules

Anonymous said...

I pick the teams for the color of their jersey's

Ryan K said...

I tip my hat to your brother - an excellent use of TWSS.

Shamus said...

I too, was impressed with TWSS.
Had the clip gone longer, you would have seen him award himself a ten out of ten for that one.