*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

I HATE POLITICS, A FULL TEN!

Let the record show that as of today, the following is true, and is fact. With few exceptions, it has also been so for as long as I can remember.

1. Democrats and Republicans alike, have occupied the office of President Of The United States as long as I have been alive.

2. About 30 percent of my earnings is taken from me every month. What becomes of it, I have little or no control over. I certainly do not have 100% control over it. Is it unreasonable to ask for unqualified control over the money I've earned? Should I be required to fund and support laws I disagree with?

3. The United States government is currently engaged in "wars" I do not agree with, but I am compelled (by law) to pay for.

4. Health care for the Smith family in Willow Street PA, this year, cost us a little over $3,000, out of pocket.

5. 35 MILLION AMERICANS go without food everyday. 9 MILLION of them are children.
HOLY SHIT!

6. 45 MILLION (employed) AMERICANS do not have or cannot afford health insurance. (This is only daunting if you believe in the concept of health insurance as we have come to know it.)

7. The Government of the United States (and Pennsylvania) currently decide what Aiden will be taught and not be taught, at something called a "public school". They do so on my dime. If I do decide to educate Aiden privately, I am still required (by law) to pay for the education of the kid who lives ten miles away.

8. Saturday Night Live hasn't been consistently funny in YEARS.

9. Estimates put the number of people who enter this country illegally every day in the thousands. Some of them will work hard and want nothing but the best for their kids. Some of them have less honorable aspirations.

10. 2.4 BILLION DOLLARS was spent by the two main stream candidates running for office on Tuesday. Some of it came in the form of private donations. Some of it I was forced(by law)to pay for. Either way, this is 'EFFIN DUMB.

Let me be clear about a few things.
1. My hope for life, happiness and peace does not rest with any man, (especially the two who have littered my TV as of late) or anything man made.
2. I have been writing this blog for about a year. This is only the 3rd post that has been politically charged. I promise you I will not allow things here to become slanted towards current events. It's not how I roll.
3. This has not been meant to endorse any political candidate. Those who know me, probably know how I will be voting this year. If you would like to know. Ask.

Aiden, look out your window on a Sunday morning thirty years from now and write down what you see.

5 comments:

joe said...

I like your list. #5...very profound!

Anonymous said...

SHAMUS SMITH 2012!!

Anonymous said...

i agree shamus in 2012.

Anonymous said...

RITER IN 2012!

Anonymous said...

Your awesome Carl!!