*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Let Me Count The Ways

Q. Why do you love me?
A. I don't know, I just do.

I can do better than that.

I love you because when we were walking onto the ferry, on a cobblestone street downtown, I asked you.."What would you have done that night if I had I had kissed you?" You answered..."kissed you back"

I love you because you didn't flinch or miss a beat when homeless people would join us for walks on our dates.

I love you because when people ask you..."when did you two meet?" you reply....."I really don't remember"

I love you because you despise injustice.

I love you because when you get tired of the color of a room, you paint it.

I love you because for almost 15 years, no matter how bad I jack-up my dresser drawers, you continue to fold my clothes.

I love you because you may not always agree with my opinion, but you always get my six.

I love you because you were pepper sprayed by other cops.

I love you for getting into a fist fight with a pregnant hooker.

I love you for the perseverance of several half marathons, a black belt and a tough mudder.(Yes, even the black belt)

I love you because you refuse to be ordinary.

I love you because you make me meatloaf when I ask you to.

I love you for being street smart.

I love you because you get excited to decorate the house for Christmas.

I love you for having an emergency egress and tactical plan for every building we frequent.

I love you because I get to watch other people realize who you are, then admire you.

I love you because you chose me.

I love you because you understand what I need.

I love you because you are never late arriving anywhere.

I love you for walking through Bryant Park with me.

I love you for being fearless.

I love you for being as disturbed as I was watching that episode of "The Shield". So much so, we didn't sleep that night.

I love you for loving the Giants and Yankees.

I love you for enjoying the UFC.

I love you for discussing the best way to dispose of a spouse's body.

I love you for disagreeing with me on "Megan's Law" and "Victim Impact Statements" (You are wrong on both)

Bryant Park, March 2012
Happy Birthday, Kris. Now we are the same age......for now.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.
Awesome daughter!
Happy Birthday Krissy!
With all our love,
Mom and Dad

luci said...

Love it!

Kris said...

This is WAAAYYY better than any card or present... EVER!

(Although a small part of me thinks it was all a ploy to get me to straighten up your drawers again.)

Barbara said...

You 2 were meant for each other!!! That's all I can say!!!! Happy Birthday, Kris!!!! God bless you!!!

KHouse said...

<3

Tom said...

Beautiful Shamus. You are truly blessed and so is she. You need to print this out and frame it.