*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Remember That Year We Almost Died?

Q.What costs $13.00, puts you 300 feet in the air, and can convince you death is imminent?
A. being stuck behind an accident on the upper level of the Verrazano Bridge amidst 50mph winds.


That's how we spent about an hour of our weekend. At one point, I just came to be at peace with it.
I had just partaken of a meal beyond description, I was among friends, and the situation was beyond my mortal ability to control or alter.
We had a great weekend catching up with the scene back home, as we spent some time revisiting a yearly tradition with Tommy and Jeannine.
As a bonus this year, we were able to sit with Carl and Andrea for a short while as well.
In thinking about the weekends many, many great moments, one thing is quite clear to me:
Whether you are the parent of one child or two, boys or girls, if they are 3 years old, 10 years old or 21 and above, they are always your kids. And no matter where your office is, no matter how you earn your living and pay your bills, the one job you will never be dismissed from is that of being a parent.


4 comments:

Kris said...

As always, it was a great weekend. I look forward to it every year and it never disappoints.

If I had to die on the Verrazano bridge last night, I would've died happy in such good company. I would have been quite annoyed however, if I had paid the $13 for the stupid bridge on the way into the city that night, only to die on it hours later. You should get a refund if that happens.

Jeannine said...

Well said, as usual. We had a phenomenal time with you guys as well and are already looking forward to next year. By that time, I hope to be finished with Tom's box ;-)

Shamus said...

I'll have the instructions in the mail to you tomorrow.
Leave room for his weasel!!

Tom said...

What can I say? It was an amazing night as always. We have to do it again sooner than next Feb. I agree with Kris, I would have died happy too! Of course if we were heading into Brooklyn at least we would have died without paying the toll. Hope to see you guys really soon!