*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fun Weekend

A few highlights from the past day or so.
1. Renovations for a new garden pond began.
The existing pond was drained, and the fish moved into a temporary holding tank.We've got about 30 very healthy fish that will call the new pond home in the next few weeks. I'll post some "after" photos once the project is completed.








2. Mom and Dad come for a visit.
They spent a few hours here on Saturday. We all ate lunch together and had a good laugh or two. Aiden says, "Thanks for the diapers."
3. Road trip to Cabela's





On the way back, Kris realized it isn't as easy to move around in the back seat as it used to be.(chuckle chuckle)

Once we arrived home, Kris was swift to her quarry.

4. Some time with an old friend at LCBC.
When I have reason to think back on times in my life that were painful, my memory always goes directly to the same place. It was a time of complete loneliness and helplessness. What I needed more then anything else, at that moment, was Peace. More so then the solutions to the problems I was facing, I simply needed to get an hour's worth of sleep. To forget for a minute, the hell all around me. A brief escape from the stress that was beating me down with no end in sight. This weekend I got a visit from Peace. In one sweet moment, I felt it wrap around me, allowing me to breath deeply and relax. Peace will meet you on your terms, wherever you are. You needn't be at a church of any sort. You don't have to strike a bargain of any kind. Another friend of mine has an endless supply with your name on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Aiden is looking at Kris in the car! It's like he's saying, "Oh, Mom, what are we going to do with you?"

Anonymous said...

I know. His little hand is on my leg, like he is trying to help me. I can tell you he was a much bigger help than Shamus who only wanted to snap pictures as the circulation was slowly cut off in my leg.

Anonymous said...

all i have to say is there any fudge left

Anonymous said...

They sell fudge at Cabela's??!!!! How did I not know this??-Lori