*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Top Ten Signs Christmas is Upon Us

Why else would my bathroom look like this??
If that flying animal drops anything in the toilet, I'm going to be very upset.
Let me preempt my writing here by saying that I resent thanksgiving being seemingly ignored by society and the retail industry alike, in favor of the money making disgrace that started as a birthday party for a carpenter.
Over the next few days we will be making the first set of stops to see family and friends as Thanksgiving and Christmas get closer. New years is a waste of time to me, I don't consider it a holiday. This week sees me with a few extra days off from work, and thus with some more time with my family, camera an laptop. What this means for you is more reading material here between now and next week. I'll wait for you to get on the edge of your seat.
1. We started our day by going out for breakfast. My favorite part about breakfast at a restaurant(and I'm using the term restaurant loosely) is the plates. I love that my one meal comes to me on perhaps three different plates. One for the eggs, one for the toast and one more for the pancakes. It's a good thing I can disarticulate my jaw like the python when swallowing prey. Just ask anyone who has been to Brendees with me. When we bought our house, the close proximity of this place was of comfort to us. It reminds us of many nights and mornings spent at places just like it back home.













2. Kris breaks out the decorations.
Actually, that's not entirely accurate. Technically speaking, I break them out, as I am required to go into the attic and drag out all this crap. Kris then proceeds to transform our house into a winter wonderland. Wanna guess who brings it all back into the attic, the day after Christmas?















For the record, the house has not yet taken on it's full Christmas form. Stay tuned for a look at the completed work.
Get back on the edge of your seat.

Kris' Kristmas from shamus smith on Vimeo.

2 comments:

joe said...

Shamus, let me introduce you to one of my 23 rules of life.

#15. No decorating for Christmas until the first week of December.

By the way, how many people do you have living in that house? You had, like, ten stockings up.

Shamus said...

Hey PJ,
I would very much like to hear the other 22 rules of life, one at a time please.
As for the stockings, one for each of the animals that resides with us.