*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Top Ten Rita Scenes

Until five minutes ago I had no intention of writing this post. I struggled with how I might go about describing the time Rita has spent with us and what she means to our family. Had I not changed my mind, I would be doing a disservice to what has become a great time in our lives. This is in no way meant to be a goodbye of any sort. I expect Rita to remain part of our family for years to come. Without further adieu, here is a Top Ten for our friend.
1. If Rita has the remote then you are watching one of the following....
Dog the bounty hunter
Little people, big world
Dancing with the stars
Indy car racing(much different from NASCAR)
2. If Rita is making dinner there will be no vegetables served.
If Rita is making breakfast, it's chocolate cake for everyone!
Lunch time means Lean Pockets.
If Rita is at the bar, it's Captain and diet.
3. A few pics from our Rita photo album.


Rita possesses many remarkable qualities. Her ability to befriend people in any social setting is quite a thing to witness. Any reasonable person would love to have Rita in their corner, or along for a weekend at the beach house. (Hold the hives please) Her adventures here have included the purchase of a new car and a run-in with the local wildlife. If I tried to chronicle every laugh we have had together or all the things we have learned from one another, this would be one long, long post. I can tell you she has a pure heart and cares for those she calls friend. I have witnessed her put actions behind her thoughts and words of kindness on numerous occasions.
As I wandered around the house today, I took stock of how different things will be here after tomorrow. Much of what I realized is rather intangible. Or would be too complicated to explain in this context. One thing that did stand out as being simple is pictured here. Tomorrow, there will be only two.




A word to anyone who calls me friend. Should you ever cross paths with Rita, treat her well. Treat her as you would me. Show her the friendship Christ has shown you.

10 comments:

Tom said...

Rita-all the best! I can see how much you have meant to Shamus and Kris and it was fun hanging out with you when we were over!

Anonymous said...

I can't thank you enough for all the things you guys have done for me. You mean so much to me. We have shared so many great memories together and I can't wait to make more. I'm going to miss Aiden's smiling face and giggle...(make sure you enter him in Regis and Kelly's cutest baby contest, cuz he will win hands down!!) I will miss you terribly!!! Love always-Riter (yes I am crying)

Kris said...

Now I am crying!!!! I miss you so much already. I just thought of how empty the couch will seem without you :o)
Our door is always open for you! Well, chances are it will be locked, technically, but you know how to break in- so no worries there!
WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

hey riter
i am so sad that you are not at krissy and sha. i always looked forward to seeing you at the house. you were always kind to my girls. i know that elisa enjoyed seeing you when she was at the hosiptal. we will miss you. i hope that sometime you will be able see you again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rita,

Thanks for being such a good friend to Sha, Kris, and Aiden. Thanks for the conversations we had about mother and grandmother things. You are a blessing. I know God has a wonderful plan for your future. Now I'll pray for you more than on just Tuesdays. You are missed already! Anyone who knows Shamus knows he keeps his friends. And he always shares his friends with us!! So we'll be seeing you!! Remember the guy with the helmet???

Anonymous said...

SHE'S GONE??????

NNNNNNoooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

Carl - I'll come back if I can use your shower! : )

Jp said...

...and you said "you weren't in the market for new friends"! HA, God showed you!

Anonymous said...

hey riter
my shower is your shower

Anonymous said...

ANYTIME YOU WANT RITER