*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Top Ten Things I Haven't Written About Lately

I've been a bit remiss in my writings over the past month. This blog was never intended to speak of or to current events, be they in my life, or society at large. However, in an effort to play catch up and perhaps clear my mind, This will be a collection of recent goings on and such.
1. New on the Zune.....(It's like an ipod, only much better) A sampling of music I'm listening to at present. If you would like a copy of these songs, send me an email and I'll get them to you as an MP3. Provided you don't have some lame email service that limits the size of your incoming attachments. Go Gmail!
http://www.halfwaytohazard.com/ Specifically, the song entitled "The devil and the cross."
From Bon Jovi's "Lost Highway" album
A duet with Leann Rimes called "Till we ain't strangers anymore" This link is to the video.
George Strait's latest offering....
http://www.georgestrait.com/ Look for "I Saw God Today" on " Troubadour"
Video link to the song "Amen"
2. Current events I have been following.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Bell I wanted to write something in detail about this incident. Every time I sat down to do so I became incredibly filled with rage and simply could not remain in the seated position long enough to type out anything coherent. Wanna venture a guess as to my opinions on this matter? DON"T GET ME 'EFFIN STARTED!http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/221131
A more practical example of government run a muck you cannot find.
This month saw(and will see) a few firsts for us.....
1. First Mothers day Celebration for Kris. Festivities included, but were not limited to, a lavish breakfast feast.
2. I will begin my undergrad work in human resources management.
3. The crew from the OC does paintball.... The girls were found to bruise easily.
If you're anything like me, you won't track down the songs, you won't read the news articles. I'm Okay with that. Your loss.
If you are anything like me you have much bigger problems to deal with anyway.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That breakfast feast looked like it was yummy! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

The Bell incident...

Too many shots, or not enough?

Shamus said...

Bottom Line on the Sean bell..
1.He had an extensive record for drugs and weapons and assault.

2. Officers in NYC are neither required neither BY LAW or P.D. policy to identify themselves before responding with deadly force.

3. No Weapon need be found to warrant a response of deadly force, the officer needs to feel as though they are in danger.

4. The race card is out of the question here, as the officers involved were NOT ALL WHITE

5. 15+ shots is nothing from a semi- auto weapon, especially if rounds are ricocheting about. It probably took a total of 10 seconds.

6. Social implications are grave if we engage in the Monday Morning quarterbacking of Police officers.

Anonymous said...

Re.: Levi Stoltzfoos - This is America? If you deposit $9000. in a bank, you can be locked up as a felon?

Anonymous said...

My biggest question-- Whats the deal with Human Resources Management? :-)

Shamus said...

Yeah the HR thing, There are some details I cannot mention here.
The bottom line is I can pursue this degree at little or no cost to me. It also will not shackle me to the healthcare world, should I decide to explore something else.

Jeannine, I'm completely flattered that you check in at my blog.