*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Top Ten Favorite Meals....




Relax, this post won't include recipes or menu items.
Kris and I have friends back home with whom we started a tradition years ago of NOT exchanging gifts with at Christmas. Somehow over time this evolved into going out to dinner with them every year on Valentines day.... In the greatest city in the world, NY freakin'C!!! Since our move to PA, we have still made it home in the month of Feb. each year to keep this going.
One year we chose a restaurant in Little Italy. Great time, to many laughs to describe.
These are lifelong friends. The type you keep very few if any secrets from. I'm sure to have more stories involving these guys.

At least two of us that night, if not three ordered the same dish. A portion of seafood unlike the world has ever seen before or since. The only way to describe how much there was is to say that I did not finish my entree. Keep in mind, it has been said of my eating ability, that I can dis-articulate my jaw like a python and swallow my prey whole.
So doggy bags were for three of us to go, all full of this wonderful, generously portioned seafood. Back then we had a four door sedan, my wife's beloved grand am. The four of us piled in for the ride home..... surely laughing our way to tears as we drove.
THREE DAYS LATER.......our car has a peculiar odor. Lets check the trunk.
O yeah!!! We had had such a good time we had all forgotten our leftover food in the trunk. That smell wafted out of there like the boxing glove in the old school cartoons that would always catch Tom or Jerry by surprise.
Nowadays I can't remember what we ate or how much it cost. But I'll never forget how that car smelled for the month that followed. I think I remember Kris saying that she had come across dead bodies that smelled better.
Do you have any meals that you will never forget?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wait.. my wife cooked an incredible meal for about 6 friends.
I talked about it for a week. It was better then any meal I ever had in any eatery!!
Pecan encrusted trout. MAGNIFICENT!!

barbara ann smith said...

My first Christmas dinner as a Grandma, at my delightful grandson Aiden's house, will always shine in my memory. Tasty food and family time - a great combo!