*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Time Served


Juror number 327. That has been my identity for the past few days.
Relax, I have not been part of a case. I haven't even seen the inside of a court room.
I've been hold up in a waiting room for a few days waiting for the wheels of justice to spin in my direction.
Given the time of day, and the length of my service, it does now appear that my experience here will not amount to any actual jury duty. I've been searching for a way to not feel as though he last three days of my life has been a waste. No easy task when the windows reveal perfect weather outside and plenty of otherwise productive hours pass ever so slow. I'm sure there is some amount of honor in jury service. This is not lost on me. Nevertheless, its remains easy to be greedy about the time I feel has been taken from me. 
Chances are we are all guilty of wasting far too much time. While many other squandered things in our life can be reclaimed, refunded or redone, there is no do over for time. There is no getting additional time. During the almost two hour lunch break they see fit to take in this corner of the legal system, I was desperate to calm down a bit and above all else, not waste any of my time.
I found myself at St. James Church just few blocks from where I have been camped out.
                                                 Here is a bit of what I saw.
                                                                          
                    
                                                        
                     
                                                                  
                                           
                                                                                  
                                  
                                                              
                                                   
                                                            
                             
In life(and jury duty) we control neither when we arrive or leave.
All we can do is make the most of the dash between those two dates.
                 

1 comment:

Barbrann said...

Stone
Softened

Little Katy
Remembered
Still