*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

WOW

Today Kris earned the rank of Red/Black belt. She began this journey in March of 2009. Now almost three years later, her goal of black belt is in sight. The testing ceremony today was merely a display of all the hard work, through all the weeknight classes, over the past several months. Somewhere in the midst of being a full time Mom, making her own laundry soap, baking her own bread, caring for our two boys, being a wife and friend to me, running half marathons, and so many other things I can't even remember to describe, she managed to commit to memory a full three years worth of form and curriculum. She put it all together today, perfectly.
If you need inspiration, if you want strength in your life, get closer to Kris. You will not be disappointed.
As Kris studies up before hand.....
                                                
............her final opponent today waits across the room
Reflection


Accomplishment
Reward

11 comments:

Shamus said...

This video makes me cry

Anonymous said...

That was phenomenal!! I cried, Liam clapped and Maggie barked! Lol!! Way to go Kris!!!!!!

Kris said...

Your post made me cry. Thank you (AGAIN!) for all the support you give me in every endeavor I pursue. You are the best cheerleader (though maybe you want to refrain from wearing a short skirt) in the WHOLE world!! I love you! ;o)

Thank you mom, dad, "mom, Dez and Matt for being there today. It was really great to have you there!

L- tell Liam and Maggie I said "thanks!!!". :o)

Anonymous said...

Count me in for "cried and pride"! I'd take classes too,
but would just rather have you
along when I go out! <3 Dad

mom said...

krissy
what can i say except that i am so proud of you today.. (well) not just today... you set your goals for yourself and you hit head on....you made it look so easy but i know you worked really hard to reach this point... watching you this morning made me admire the woman you are.. a wife and a great mom.. i am looking forward to you getting your black belt.. it is in your reach.andi know you will rock it.. we love you.. and all that u are xxxoo

Nana said...

I enjoyed watching both of you today!! You tested beautifully, Kris!! I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!!

KHouse said...

My big sister ROCKS! (I'll never chase you around the house with a knife again.)

Jeannine said...

Very impressive, Kris, but not at all surprising. You are a force to be reckoned with!! Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

dezhorst said...

I cried there and again today watching the video...you're such an inspiration!

mom said...

i watched again and tears came to my eyes... just had to say it again... you go girl love ya mom xoxo