*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Hello, my name is Aiden.
I am told that I am turning two years old this week. I have to be honest with you, I don't really know what that means. I can tell you that my house will be full of people in a few short hours and Mom has been busy preparing for a few days now.
My life is a fairly simple one. I live in a house with a big staircase. I like to count the steps as I walk up and down from nap time. I eat as much as my parents will feed me. My Mom says I take after my Dad in that way. Mom feeds me me differently than most other people feed me.
So far, I am partial to the drums. As I don't own an actual drum kit yet, I make do banging pots and pans all around the house. My dad tells me that my first real drum set is not far off. Three cats live in my house with me. I like to chase them around and say goodnight to them before bedtime.
Daily life is run according to the schedule my Mom has designed for me. As long as I am permitted, by the bigger people around me to adhere to it, I behave in a rather friendly manner. Any deviation from it, and I cannot make any guarantees as to my disposition.
I have this knack for being capable of hearing planes flying over our house up in the sky. I seem to be able to do this with relative ease, no matter what else may be going on around me. My dad has told me that I may end up having very special hearing someday. That seems to make him very happy.
Down the block from where I live, are cows and horses. I know that a cow says "moooo" and that the horse says "Neighhh" My parents are always telling me how different the scenes were when they were small. Something 'bout gang bangers, hookers and puddles of urine. Whatever that may mean. I've also heard my mom say she was a hooker at one time. This confuses me greatly. Mom and Dad are funny like that.
I like to watch a few cartoons. I counter that side of myself by sitting along side Dad while he watches Jeopardy every night. He tells me that his dad always did well watching this show, so I should pay attention. Somehow, Dad manages to answer allot of questions correctly on this show, but it's Mom who gets the final Jeopardy correct more often than Dad. Maybe I should pay attention to what they both have to say.
Well, nap time is almost over and I should get this laptop downstairs before Dad realizes it's missing. He seems to take this thing everywhere with him. If you are ever in the area with the cows and horses, the area without the puddles of urine, stop in sometime.

14 comments:

Riter said...

LOL...too cute!

Great video!!

Shamus said...

RITA!!!!!!

Riter said...

I just watched the video from Aiden's party...I use the term "Aiden's party" very loosely, it looked more like a grown-up party...hehe Sorry I missed it, looked like A LOT of fun!!!!

btw...LOVED his cake!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it all yo! He'll be leaving yous guys to grow up and out on his own before you know it. I've lived it myself.

If the H-man takes up the skins seriously some day,let me know cause I have a complete Tama Set just right for the lad! Have a Great Holiday and Blessings to you all!
CIII

Shamus said...

RITER!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the running remark at the party was.... "This is the best 2year old birthday party EVER"

We all said throughout the night, how we wished you were here.

Shamus said...

Hey Chris,
I continue to be flattered that you check in here.
I just might take you up on that Kit at some point.
I am going to get him a childs set for Christmas.
Lets see how that goes first.
MERRY CHRISTMAS DUDE!!!!

Nana said...

Hey Aiden,
We enjoyed your story! We also enjoyed your birthday party! We love the way you opened your presents. You were fantastic!!
Then again, you ARE fantastic and we love you!
We just moved near your house and the cows and horses. We left a beautiful island suburb of New York City to be near you, and Mommy and Daddy, and Uncle Pete and Aunt Melissa, and your new baby cousin who is coming soon.
We thank God for you! We love the way He made you! Happy 2nd birthday, Aiden!

NI NI said...

hey aiden
NI NI POP POP AND AUNTIE BECKY AND AUNTIE YEA E WERE SO HAPPY TO BE A PART OF YOUR BIRTHDAY.. YOU SURE HAD A LOT OF FUN.. I AM SO PROUD OF THE LITTLE MAN THAT YOU ARE.. YOU MAKE NINI HAPPY EVERYDAY WHEN SHE SEES YOU.. I LOVE TO PLAY GAMES WITH YOU.I LOVE WHEN YOU DANCE TO ELMOS WORLD AND SING ALONG WITH ELMO.. AJ I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. YOU MAKE NI NI SO HAPPY JUST TO SEE YOU.I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE TURNING 2... YOU WERE JUST 2 MONTHS OLD WHEN I STARTED TO WATCH YOU.. YOU ARE MY JOY... I LOVE YOU BUDDY. XOXO

Shamus said...

My Favorite, is Phil swinging the bowling pin around..Just some random prop.
http://vimeo.com/8145595

Riter said...

I new it wasn't part of the nativity scene cuz it wasn't broken

:-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and the video.....looks "home-y"
Glad to see the piano getting some action!!! FABULOUS

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Anonymous.
A truly smart, well placed observation.

Jennifer said...

He's a handsome and happy little guy! Loved the video!

Jennifer said...

Just wanted to respond to the comment you left on my blog.... Brian doesn't exist, I paid a look alike to pose with us for a family Christmas picture. :D He works a lot and is out of town a lot. He doesn't like to be in pictures and he's usually behind the camera taking pictures of our kids.