*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Top Ten Survivor Moments

Kris, Aiden and I spent this weekend with the 5th graders of http://www.lcbcchurch.com/
As in the past, I was honored to serve in a first aid capacity and care for the students throughout the weekends activities.
The kids were served up the weekend of a lifetime on a silver platter.
I couldn't possibly put words together to describe to you what happens on a weekend such as this. It truly needs to be lived to be understood. I can tell you this...
1.The kids are loved....every minute
2.The kids laugh.......constantly
3.The kids learn....... a great deal about the race we should all run to win.

From a personal perspective, here is a synopsis of our weekend as seen through pics and videos.

1. Our weekend began on our wedding anniversary. Here is the card I got from Kris.(click for a better look)











2. Slip and Slide.

This has become a favorite of Chad Herman, Shamus hitting the slide at full tilt. Finishing in a puddle of mud and mush.









3. Aiden cracks himself up with a softball.





AIden N softball from shamus smith on Vimeo.


4. HAIL to the...HAIL!!!!

Our departure was met with a hail storm the the likes of which I have never experienced. Aiden missed the whole thing. When we couldn't stay at the gas station any longer someone needed to MAN UP, go out into the fray and pump our gas, Kris answered the call. Make sure you ask Kris how to get to "JJ FLYERS"






Hail storm! from shamus smith on Vimeo.
I take great comfort in the knowledge that the church we call home pours resources into student ministries. I can't wait to see what they have planned for Aiden in a few short years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great is this blog!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I ived with you!

Anonymous said...

Kris and Aiden have the same smile!!

Anonymous said...

Kris,
Let me know about the abuse Sha gets from Mom because you pumped gas in the middle of a hail storm and clearly getting pelted in the back of your head!

Ka