*Please Note*
As of July 2015 many photos have been intentionally removed.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Top Ten........ DETOUR

A brief pause from my standard format, to express my political view(s).

The landscape of American politics and it's politicians have passed me by.
None of the so-called public servants I see on my TV everyday have captured my soul. I don't believe they care about me. I feel they can/will do very little to change my life for better or worse. Not because they don't want to, but rather because of the immense system of red tape that exists between them and me.

The current field of candidates, as well as any in recent memory, are greatly disconnected from "everyday" American life. They have a personal and professional staff of people that handle every daily chore from answering phone calls to going grocery shopping. I do not believe that any current presidential candidate understands life at $60,000 a year with a mortgage and car payment. Why then should I think for a moment they are equipped to make decisions that impact such an existence?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To a point, I agree with you. However, I feel that all of these candidates did have to come up through the ranks to where they are now. They might not know what it is like on $60,000 a year now, but I am willing to bet that some of them remember what it was like on 20,000 a year. I am inspired by one candidate and I do feel that he will have the peoples best interest in mind. The life of a politician is a difficult one, and while they may not answer their own phone or do their own grocery shopping, we do not have to make decisions that ultimately will change the face of our country's future.

Anonymous said...

Most of them know nothing of everday life. While the little guy can't afford to run for office. The problem is that they do make the choice for us. Yet we still stay home and do not vote. It's getting late and we can no longer state I don't like him or her and not vote. We must say yes or no and be involved to see change.

Anonymous said...

Mike Huckabee for President

Faith Freedom Family